Hosted by Dayton Hikers
Get great deals on gear or get cash for your gear at the Used Gear Sale supported by Dayton Hikers. Grab the gear you no longer use, that extra fleece that doesn’t fit, or other equipment you would like to sell, and bring it to the Adventure Summit!
Consignment Fees and donated item proceeds will be donated to the Five Rivers MetroParks Foundation.
Used Gear Sale Location: Racquetball Court #1, Recreation Commons (near climbing wall), Wright State University Student Union
Used Gear Drop Off Hours:
- Thursday, Feb. 8 — and 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm at the WSU Student Union, Outdoor Resource Center, lower level, next to climbing wall.
- Friday, Feb. 9 — Noon to 4:oo pm at the WSU Student Union, Outdoor Resource Center, lower level, next to climbing wall.
- Friday, Feb. 9 — 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm at the Used Gear Sale area in Racquet Ball Court #1, lower level of Student Union
- Saturday 9:00 am- 3:00 pm at the Used Gear Sale area in Racquet Ball Court #1, lower level of Student Union
Used Gear Sale Hours
- Friday 5:00 – 8:00 pm
- Saturday 9:00 am-3:00 pm
Visitors to the Adventure Summit have a chance to pick up some lightly used outdoor recreation related equipment. The Used Gear Area provides a great place for outdoor adventurers to recycle their used gear. This reduces waste going into our landfills and helps others pick up the equipment needed to try a new outdoor adventure at an introductory rate.
Used Gear Silent Auction Hours
All Gear Must GO!
- Silent Auction – Saturday 3:00 – 4:15pm
Unsold and unclaimed items will be entered into a Silent Auction at 3:00pm on Saturday.
All proceeds from the Silent Auction will benefit the Five Rivers MetroParks Foundation.
The Used Gear Sale
- You drop off your items, tag and price them and Dayton Hikers will manage the sale and transaction.
- Consigners must drop off items during the times listed above.
- Consigners must complete and sign the Consignment Agreement when dropping off their items for consignment.
- All items inside consignment area will be registered, tagged, and priced.
- Sellers can choose to donate the item, with 100% of the sale price to be donated to the FRMP Foundation, or choose an 80% return, with a 20% consignment fee donated to FRMP Foundation.
- All unsold items must be claimed by 3pm, Saturday. Unclaimed items will become the property of the Consignee and will be entered into a silent auction, with all proceeds going to the FRMP Foundation.
- If you wish, unsold items can be entered into a silent auction at 3pm, with 100% of sale price going to the FRMP Foundation.
Used Gear Area Rules and Procedures
The Adventure Summit staff and Dayton Hikers reserves the right to limit and/or deny the admittance of any vendors/participants and any such items that are not representative of human powered, non-consumptive, outdoor recreation gear, equipment, and apparel.
- Prohibited Items listed below, but not limited to:
- Firearms and large knives
- Golf clubs
- Traditional team sport gear – basketballs, tennis rackets, soccerballs, etc.
- Motorized Recreational Vehicles/Equipment – scooters, ATV, Jet Skis, fishing boats
- Five Rivers MetroParks, Dayton Hikers, and Wright State are not responsible for loss or damage of any items in the consignment area.
- Consignment Agreement Forms must be filled out by each consigner if you are dropping off items.
- Any sales money left unclaimed by 5:00pm on Saturday will be donated to the FRMP Foundation.
For questions please call 937-275-7275 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.