(Tentative, check back for details for the 2022 event)
Supported by Dayton Hikers
Visitors to the Adventure Summit have a chance to pick up some lightly used outdoor recreation related equipment. The Used Gear Area provides a great place for outdoor adventurers to recycle their used gear. This reduces waste going into our landfills and helps others pick up the equipment needed to try a new outdoor adventure at an introductory rate.
Used Gear Sales supported by Dayton Hikers
Consignment Fees and donated item proceeds will be donated to the Five Rivers MetroParks Foundation.
All sales are cash only. ATM located on the upper level near the Credit Union.
- Commuter Lounge, lower level of the Wright State University Student Union
- Friday 5:00 – 8:00 pm
- Saturday 9:00 am-4:00 pm
Drop Off Hours:
- Friday, Feb. 11 — Noon to 4:00 pm at the WSU Student Union, Outdoor Resource Center, lower level, next to climbing wall.
- Friday, Feb. 11 — 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm at the Used Gear Sale area in Commuter Lounge, lower level of Student Union
- Saturday, Feb 12 — 9:00 am to 3:00 pm at the Used Gear Sale area in Commuter Lounge, lower level of Student Union
- You drop off up to 30 items, tag and price them and Dayton Hikers will manage the sale and transaction.
- Consigners must drop off items during the times listed above.
- All items inside consignment area will be registered, tagged, and priced.
- Sellers can choose to donate the item, with 100% of the sale price to be donated to the FRMP Foundation, or choose 15% consignment fee donated to FRMP Foundation.
- All unsold items must be claimed by 4pm.
Rules and Procedures:
The Adventure Summit staff and Dayton Hikers reserves the right to limit and/or deny the admittance of any vendors/participants and any such items that are not representative of human powered, non-consumptive, outdoor recreation gear, equipment, and apparel.
- Prohibited Items listed below, but not limited to:
- Firearms and large knives
- Golf clubs
- Traditional team sport gear – basketballs, tennis rackets, soccer balls, etc.
- Motorized Recreational Vehicles/Equipment – scooters, ATV, Jet Skis, fishing boats
- Five Rivers MetroParks, Dayton Hikers, and Wright State University are not responsible for loss or damage of any items in the consignment area.
- Consignment Agreement Forms must be filled out by each consigner when dropping off items.
- Any sales money left unclaimed by 5:00pm on Saturday will be donated to the Five Rivers MetroParks Foundation.
For questions please call 937-275-7275 or email email@example.com.