Supported by Dayton Hikers benefitting the Spotted Turtle Trail Fund of the Beaver Creek Wetlands Association
Visitors to the Adventure Summit have a chance to pick up some lightly used outdoor recreation related equipment. The Used Gear Area provides a great place for outdoor adventurers to recycle their used gear. This reduces waste going into our landfills and helps others pick up the equipment needed to try a new outdoor adventure at an introductory rate.
Used Gear Sales supported by Dayton Hikers
Sell or donate your used gear! All sales proceeds from donated gear and all consignment fees will be donated to the Spotted Turtle Trail fund of the Beaver Creek Wetlands Association. NEW THIS YEAR: Three locations to drop off gear between February 7 and 12. Donated items can be dropped at all locations, consignment items must be dropped at Wright State (see below for details).
All sales are cash only. ATM located on the upper level near the Credit Union.
- Commuter Lounge, lower level of the Wright State University Student Union
- Saturday 9:00 am-5:00 pm
Donate Your Used Gear:
- Drop off your donated gear. Dayton Hikers will tag, price, and manage the sale and transaction.
- No forms are needed for donated gear.
- 100% of the sale price will be donated to the Spotted Turtle Trail fund of the Beaver Creek Wetlands Association.
- Unsold items will not be returned and will be donated to charity.
- You drop off up to 30 items, tag and price them and Dayton Hikers will manage the sale and transaction. Note: If you have a large number of items please plan to help tag your items at the time of drop off, this is a big help to volunteers.
- All items inside the consignment area will be registered, tagged, and priced.
- The 20% consignment fee will be donated to the Spotted Turtle Trail fund of the Beaver Creek Wetlands Association.
- All unsold items must be picked up by 5pm on Saturday. Unclaimed items will be donated to charity.
Three Gear Drop Off Locations Available
1) Wright State University Student Union – Outdoor Resource Center (Mask required in WSU Buildings)
Location: Outdoor Resource Center, lower level, next to climbing wall.
Donated Items and Consignment Sale Items Accepted
- Monday, Feb. 7 — 3pm – 7pm
- Tuesday, Feb. 8 – 3pm – 7pm
- Wednesday, Feb. 9 – Closed
- Thursday, Feb. 10 – 2pm – 7pm
- Friday, Feb. 11 — 11am – 8pm
- Saturday, Feb. 12 — 8am to 4pm at the Used Gear Sale area in the lower level of Student Union
For donors and sellers with large items, this is the only location equipped to handle the drop off of large items like kayaks, bicycles, skis, roof racks, etc. If prior to February 12, contact Erin Sherrets at the Wright State U. Outdoor Resource Center to ensure space. 937-775-5821 or email@example.com
For sellers with more than 15 items, it is preferred you drop off items before Saturday at 9am. This is a big help to the volunteers.
2) Cox Arboretum MetroPark – Zorninger Education Center (Mask required in MetroParks Buildings)
Location: 6733 Springboro Pike, Dayton, OH 45449
Donated Items Only, No Consignment Items
- Monday, Feb. 7 — 8am – 5pm
- Tuesday, Feb. 8 – 8am – 5pm
- Wednesday, Feb. 9 – 8am – 5pm
- Thursday, Feb. 10 – 8am – 5pm
3) Beaver Creek Wetlands Association Office
Location: 1999 Dayton-Xenia Road, Beavercreek, OH 45434. ~ 937-320-9042
Donated Items Only, No Consignment Items
- Monday, Feb. 7 — 10am – 2pm
- Tuesday, Feb. 8 – 10am – 2pm
- Wednesday, Feb. 9 – 10am – 2pm
- Thursday, Feb. 10 – 10am – 2pm
Come to the back door and ring the bell.
Rules and Procedures:
The Adventure Summit staff and Dayton Hikers reserves the right to limit and/or deny the admittance of any vendors/participants and any such items that are not representative of human powered, non-consumptive, outdoor recreation gear, equipment, and apparel.
- Prohibited Items listed below, but not limited to:
- Firearms and large knives
- Golf clubs
- Traditional team sport gear – basketballs, tennis rackets, soccer balls, etc.
- Motorized Recreational Vehicles/Equipment – scooters, ATV, Jet Skis, fishing boats
- Five Rivers MetroParks, Dayton Hikers, and Wright State University are not responsible for loss or damage of any items in the consignment area.
- Consignment Agreement Forms must be filled out by each consigner when dropping off items.
- Any sales money left unclaimed by 5:00pm on Saturday will be donated to the Spotted Turtle Trail fund of the Beaver Creek Wetlands Association.
For questions please call 937-275-7275 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.